Houba is a child of the big city.
He grew up in Krefeld, lived and studied there, as well as in Duisburg and Düsseldorf. He made his career as a freelance designer and artist, working for different industries, agencies, companies and private clients. At some point he was no longer interested in big city life with all of its advantages. Hecticness, noise, stench, dirt and the general brutalization made him unhappy. He decided to buy a house, more like an old farm in the wild west of Germany and simply started anew there. He moved to the Eifel almost 20 years ago and got to know the countryside and its people. Although inhabitants of the Eifel avoid art and artists as such, Houba was able to gain a foothold here. He founded a painting school, organizes exhibitions, offers commissioned works and courses, works at schools and kindergartens on behalf of the state government.
Houba's painterly interest is in curious life situations, of which there is an abundance in the German Wild West. In his exhibited works, the artist creates a lovable - critical world of experiences and imaginations. Let yourself be surprised by the diversity of his themes.
- Training as electrical installation technician
- 05.07.1977 journeyman's certificate
- 10.06.1980 Admission to technical college
- 01.12.1980 - 31.03.1982 Civilian service Bürgerhilfe Duisburg e.V.
- 1983 -1985 4 semesters Political ScienceUGH (Mercator University) Duisburg
- 1985 - 1990 Studied object design at Niederrhein University of Applied Sciences
- 05.04.1990 Diploma
- 1990 - 1991 studies teaching profession - secondary level 2 - 2 semesters educational science / German
- Since 1987 lecturer for courses with various training providers
- Freelance artist since 1990
- 1996 Own furniture design for the company Sony-Deutschland
- 1998 Anuga Cologne large sculpture for a European food company
- 2000 Plastic at the EXPO 2000 Hannover
- 2006 - 2009 Chairman and artistic director of the "Symposion Weißenseifen" (White Soaps Symposium)
- From 2007, foundation of a private children's, youth and adult art school in Prüm
- 2010 A hard six months Real school teacher
- From 2013 project work for the Ministry of Education RLP
- From 2014 Illustrations and texts for books
- 2016 Art therapist for the Westeifel-Werke
- From 2017 art instructor for the GFA Krefeld
- From 2018 chairman and artistic director of the "Symposion Weißenseifen" (White Soaps Symposium)
Many group and some solo exhibitions - a short selection:
- 1996 - 1998 -Ambiente Frankfurt - Own exhibition stand
- 2000 - Expo Hannover
- 2012 - Mainz Museum Night - Êisenturm Mainz - International Ruhr Biennale
- 2013 - SWR Studio Trier
- 2016 - Cult barn Mulhouse
- 2017 - Lübeck / Schattiner Kunstfest - Berlin / Art on the freighter